Monday, April 20, 2009

A nice compliment from a teacher from NYC!

I am an art teacher at the lower Calhoun School (ages 5 - 7), a progressive private school on the Westside of Manhattan in New York City. My husband and I were in Ireland on vacation just last week. We were fortunate to have visited The Sligo Art Gallery, where we saw SODACAKEVILLE. We both marveled at your project for its ingenuity and creativeness, and also for its sheer entertainment value. Congratulations to you and your colleagues for this beautiful piece of work.

At Calhoun, we are in the process of changing our curriculum. I consider SODACAKEVILLE a model for possible projects that we might attempt here. I would very much like to share your DVD with my co-workers and was wondering if it would be possible for us to have a copy of the DVD.

I am exploring recycling as a major component of our art curriculum. Our concept, so far, is to use New York City museums as a classroom. Your innovative and timely video would be a perfect addition to our program.

No comments:

Post a Comment